A few weeks ago, Amanda from So Koreazy nominated me for the Liebster Award which was so sweet and lovely!
The Liebster Award is a really great thing. Its ongoing purpose: to seek out new blogs and new creative endeavors; to boldly go……yea, 1st random fact about me – I love any excuse to work in the Star Trek monologue. Just look at my About page! Anyway, once you get nominated you can pass the love along!
THE RULES (BENDABLE AND BREAKABLE):
- Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominee asked.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with fewer than 500 followers.
- Notify the bloggers you chose for the award.
- Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answer.
Here are 9 more RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I chose my blog name after brainstorming my favourite things. I’m slightly more obsessed with coconuts than foxes but they are a close tie.
- For a brief stint I worked as a flight attendant. The travel part was exciting but I found the on-call lifestyle mentally and physically exhausting!
- I spent 3 years of my childhood living in Saudi Arabia. It was great fun.
- I would love to be an Egyptologist or a jewellery designer. Or both.
- My boyfriend and I will be moving to Vietnam at the end of 2015 to live a more spontaneous life!
- I was very unhappy during my first year in Korea because the students at my school were so bloody awful. However, I look upon that year now with a huge sense of nostalgia. It turns out that it’s the people you meet and the great experiences you have that stay with you. The stressful stuff just kinda fades away.
- If I have kids I’d want to name them Frida after Frida Kahlo, and Jeff after Jeff Buckley.
- I was vegetarian for a good many years but turned omnivore again after a drunken night in a Korean chicken BBQ restaurant.
- I want to try going vegan in Vietnam where fruit is cheap and plentiful!
- Why did you decide to live (or travel) abroad? I was terrified of the encroaching ‘norm’. Running away to the other side of the world seemed like the best and quickest way to start down the road of a life less traveled.
- What have been your best and worst experiences living or traveling abroad? My worst experience was arriving in Bali and getting scammed out of a lot of money before even leaving the airport. It was a horrible way to arrive in a new country. My best experience was staying up all night eating, drinking, and dancing in Barcelona, after which my friends and I climbed up to a completely empty Park Guell to watch the sunrise.
- Which TV show are you hooked on at the moment? I am binge-watching a 90’s show called Felicity right now.
- What’s the most recent thing you’ve found that you can no longer live without? A hummus recipe that I can actually make in my crappy blender!
- How do you deal with stress? I think ahead to a year from now when I’ll barely remember what was making me stressed in the first place.
- What’s your go-to comfort food? Vast quantities of cheap chocolate.
- Where’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been? Bali was pretty spectacular in its natural beauty.
- What’s the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to you? Recently, after doing some silly dancing with an old hippie Korean guy, he caught up to me and my friends as we were leaving the bar and gave me a handwritten note in French! It said, “you only have one life to live.”
- Have you ever experienced a random act of kindness? During a heavy monsoon in Bali, me and my boyfriend were taking shelter in a tiny doorway when a guy (en-route to a nearby shrine) saw us and offered to take us the whole way back to our hotel under his umbrella.
- What are your hobbies? cycling, second-hand shopping, taking photos of interesting storefronts – here’s one I took today! :
11. Where do you want to live next? Vietnam! Hopefully Scandinavia is also in my future…
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- When you’re on your deathbed, what is one thing you hope you can say you achieved in your lifetime?
- If you could be any famous person for the day who would you be?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Who is your favourite story character?
- What crazy thing would you do to your hair if it could go back to normal at the click of your fingers?
- What job would you do if money was no object?
- What are 3 things you always take on a plane journey?
- What is your most occurring nightmare?
- Describe your ideal sandwich.
- What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday?
BiiBii Beauty – Super stylish in Seoul!
the splendor display – The photos, oh my, the photos!
Life Of A Daisy – Sweet musings!
Vanity Rex – Fellow Korean skincare enthusiast!
i am Fadhi – Student perspective in Seoul!
* Thanks again Amanda! *